Woman Sentenced to 19 Years in Prison on Plot to Kill Witness in Case

Market Street, Nassau Bahamas — A woman was yesterday jailed for 19 years over a plot to kill a witness in a murder case.

Oneil Marshall, who had been in the Witness Protection Program, was shot multiple times after his friend, Caryn Moss, lured him from his home on April 30.

Marshall’s bullet-riddled body was found in a smoldering Nissan Primera in the parking lot of the former City Market on Market Street in the wee hours of the morning on May 1.

The sentence handed down by Justice Carolita Bethel was well below the life sentence requested by prosecutors T’shura Ambrose and Al-leecia Delancy. Moss’ lawyer, Murrio Ducille, asked for mercy, as he claimed that she had acted under duress. Bethel advised the defense and the prosecution of their right to appeal her sentence.

No one has been convicted of Marshall’s murder, but Moss, 27, admitted to her role in the murder plot. In a videotaped confession, Moss said that she had been offered $200,000 to set up Marshall, who himself was a witness against two men in an abetment to murder case.

Moss said that three men, whom she identified by their criminal aliases, approached her on several occasions about setting up Marshall. The first approach was made in December 2015, but Moss said that she warned Marshall after telling the men that she would “think about” their proposal.

Moss gave no explanation for her change of heart to agree to the plan. Moss said that she picked up Marshall from Delaporte and took him to Yorkshire Street, where she lived.

Moss said she left Marshall in the car, with the child safety locks engaged, telling him she was going to get something to smoke as she knocked on her godparents’ door and asked to use the phone. Moss heard seven to eight gunshots as she pretended to make a call — and collected the spent shell casings when she went out.

Moss handed police three shell casings that she had kept as souvenirs of the crime during the video re-enactment. Randi Moss, the man accused of setting fire to the Primera in an attempt to conceal the crime, was acquitted at the close of the prosecution’s case.



Your reaction?

Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech