Woman Shot by Baby-Father Escaped With One of Three Daughters

Since December 31, the murders of three women, all with their lovers implicated, have made headlines.

One woman, **Julie found the courage to ran away from a three-year relationship she had with the father of two of her three children.

“He was the sweetest person. We would go on dates and he took really great care of my daughter that wasn’t his. But everything changed after I got pregnant and had my second daughter. The first time he hit me it was because I refused to iron a shirt for him,” she said.

Julie said that he drove so much fear into her, that she refused to speak about the violent encounters with even her closest friends.

The final straw was when he shot her, mere weeks after she gave birth to her third daughter.


Julie had gone running errands, and when she returned after the one-hour deadline he had given her, he accused her of cheating.

“Next thing I know I was on the ground and my stomach were burning really bad,” she said. Julie said that as she lay in shock, bleeding profusely, a friend stopped him from shooting again.

“I heard him telling his friend that the gun accidentally went off. He began crying and was begging me not to die and was telling me how sorry he was. But on the way to the hospital he told me to tell the doctors that I was shot at my gate by a robber and out of fear, that’s what I did,” she said.

Her deranged partner came to the hospital the day after her surgery and demanded that she sign herself out, declaring that she was ‘not that sick’.

“He packed up my belongings and said I must go and tell the staff I was going home. The same night he demanded that we have sex and he was so rough that the stitches almost broke away,” she said.

Julie could take no more and planned her get away with a relative. A week later, her partner sent her to buy groceries.

“I told him I was carrying my big daughter to help me with the things and I used the money that he gave me for groceries and we left (to stay with the relative). Even when I was on the bus, I kept looking back because I somehow felt he was trailing me,” she said.

Julie said that she didn’t want to leave her other two daughters but felt she had no other choice.

“I never returned to the area until about three years later when I heard he moved to another community. He had left the kids with his family so I got to see my girls,” she said.

With the assistance of the police, Julie was able to regain custody of her children and has been living in a different section of the island since.

*names changed



Your reaction?

Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech