100 Years Each 80 Before Parole: Gunmen Executed Six Family Member in Hanover

Two Hanover men who appeared in the Home Circuit Court in Kingston, on Friday, December 14th, were each given a life sentence amounting to over 100 years.

Both men are eligible for parole after 80 years. The accused men, 24-year-old, Mikhail Campbell, unemployed of March Town, and 48-year-old, Errol Clarke, laborer of Hog Shit Lane, both of Green Island in Hanover were sentenced for the murder of six family members in Green Island, Hanover, in October of 2015.

Both men were found guilty when they appeared in the Hanover Circuit Court on Friday, November 30th.

They were sentenced to life imprisonment on six counts of murder each, and eligible for parole after 80 years. They were also sentenced to 20 years hard labour each for Arson, and 20 years hard labour each, for Occasioning Grievous bodily harm.

Reports are that about 10:00 p.m., on Thursday, October 8th, 2015, Campbell, Clarke and three other men went to a house which was occupied by the twelve family members, at Campbellton Road, in March Town, Green Island, Hanover.

It is further reported that the gunmen, sprayed the nine apartment house with bullets, before setting it on fire. The house was completely burnt to the ground, and six family members lost their lives, while four others were admitted to hospital in critical condition.

Those killed were identified as 62-year-old, Lynette Bloomfield, her 35-year-old, daughter Kerrian Bloomfield, and her brother 40-year-old, Mark Bloomfield. Kerrian’s two children, 18-year-old, Alia Mahabee, her brother 15-year-old, Davian Mahabee, and a close family friend Brian Mangaroo, were also killed.

Following the incident, and an intensive investigation was carried out by a team attached to the Area One Major Investigations Division, and it resulted in the arrest of both men.

Campbell who was represented by Attorney At Law, Dalton Reid, and Clarke by Attorney-at-law, Tameka Davis, made several appearances in the Hanover Circuit Court which started on November 5th and ended on Friday, November 30th, were found guilty by a seven-member jury.

High Court Judge, Justice Martin Gayle, then forwarded the case to the Home Circuit Court for sentencing.



Your reaction?