Ten of 31 wanted men have turned themselves in to the Clarendon police within a week after their names were announced. Among those who reported to the police is an accused murderer and another facing shooting charges.
Head of the Clarendon police, Superintendent Vendolyn Cameron Powell stated that charges will be laid against the wanted men early this week.
Despite the number, Cameron Powell said it is still not enough.
"We need all these persons to answer to their crimes. Their case files are ready so we need them to put before the courts.
These persons in the space are impacting negatively on the crime situation in the parish, so we are trying to get them out of the space"
There are 10 persons wanted for murder, and one person of interest in relation to murder, who are yet to turn themselves in.
Wanted for murder are as follows:
- Redemillus Estabeng of Bucks Common
- Othniel Smith of Four Paths
- Skertell Shand of Milk River
- Kemar Simpson of Havanna Heights, and Race Track
- Dwayne Butler of Bucknor and Bucks Common
- Fabian Rose of Sandy River
- Alex Christe of Sandy River
- Clive Mason of Rhoden Hall
- Kevin Ebanks of Bucknor
- Ken Powell of York Town.
Rushane Latchman of Bucknor is a person of interest in relation to a murder.
The men are being asked to turn themselves in as soon as possible.