You probably love curry goat, curry chicken and heard of curry turkey neck, but have you tried “Curry Oxtail”? Most meats, if not all, can curried, but have tried Oxtail? Chris De La Rosa from Caribbean Pot shares his Ultimate Curry Oxtail recipe.
We’ve never heard of this “Curry Oxtail” before, but it sure sounds interesting and looks delicious.
Using a curry cooking method from Trinidad and Tobago, Chris prepares a curry base before the seasoned oxtail pieces are slowly braised until the meat is literally falling off the bones. Before you watch the video below, here’s what you will need.
- 4 lbs oxtails cut and trimmed
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon Caribbean Green Seasoning
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoon chopped shado beni (or cilantro)
- 1 cup diced celery
- thick slice of ginger – optional